I am happy to announce release v0.2.0 of ASynK. You can find documentation
and links to source and pre-packaged bundles at the project page at:
I would be glad to respond to issues raised here or as issues on the github
page (links on the project page). The rest of the email gives a little more
info on ASynK.
ASynK is a flexible Contacts synchronization program that works with a
variety of Contacts software such as Microsoft Outlook, Google Contacts, and
Some of the key features of ASynK are:
1. Allows bidirectional sync of Contact across any pair of sources from:
Google Contacts, Microsoft Outlook, and Emacs BBDB - what we call PIM DBs
(for Personal Information Management Databases)
2. Is the *only* two-way synchronization software for BBDB known to be
work. So if you are keen to keep BBDB content synchronized with a mobile
device or Outlook, look no further.
3. Works on Windows, MacOS X, and Linux
4. Synchronization is granular to the level of 'Folders', i.e. you can
synchronize one folder of Google Contacts with a Outlook folder (on Windows
at work, say), and another Google folder in the same account with BBDB (On
your Mac, say)
5. The infrastructure is there to add more database and item types (i.e.
tasks, notes, etc.), but currently only Contact synchronization for Google
Contacts, BBDB and Outlook supported
6. It is free software, and released under the GNU AGPL (Affero GPL)