My employer, InterSystems, is looking to hire a Senior Unix Admin. The req for this is below. Please contact recruitment at 617-621-0600 if you are interested.
PROFILE: Systems Administrator
The Systems Administrator will be challenged with ever-evolving tasks, projects, and responsibilities. This position requires an individual with a flexible and dynamic approach to problem-solving and the ability to coordinate multiple tasks and priorities. In this fast-paced environment, a highly motivated and independent achiever is a must.
* Provide hands-on support for internal users at all levels, chiefly in the Development and Support Departments
* Ensure that all support calls are logged and recorded
* Act as the main point of contact and expert for all Unix-related projects and tasks
* Responsible for the reliability of machines running a large and varied number of UNIX implementations. This includes installing and/or upgrading operating systems and making kernel changes, as requested or needed
* Oversee the DNS, mail and other enterprise systems and assists in the operation of the Web and FTP servers
Passion and Determination
* Is goal-oriented and enthusiastic; is energized by challenges; has a strong work ethic and a positive, "can-do" attitude when faced with obstacles
Innovative Problem Solving
* Ability to solve difficult problems; develops creative solutions; ability to identify key issues/problems through analysis and questions; attacks problems systematically; sees non-obvious relationships
Interpersonal Social Skills
* Adapts approach to be effective working with different people; is comfortable interacting with people who are more senior or more experienced than them; is friendly, personable and engaging
Efficiency and Attention to Detail
* Committed to tasks while adhering to time-line; ability to balance multiple tasks simultaneously without details falling through the cracks; has high standards for thoroughness, completeness and accuracy
* Shows passion for continually advancing his/her own knowledge or thinking; asks questions of others to fully grasp a situation; is a "quick study"; has a drive to learn new things and figure things out on his/her own
Experience & Qualifications
* Minimum of 2-4 Years experience administering UNIX systems which includes installations and upgrades
* Experience installing hardware on UNIX systems
* Shell scripting and/or Perl experience
* Strong knowledge of standard UNIX subsystems such as printing, Sendmail, DNS, and NFS. Installation experience and Sendmail and/or DNS strongly desired.
* Detailed knowledge of standard backup techniques and procedures
* Windows OS experience
* Proven problem-solving and technical support skills
* Extremely high accuracy and attention to detail
* Occasional weekend and/or evening work when dealing with critical system upgrades or problem resolution. Ability to carry pager on a rotating basis required (compensation provided).
* Hands on experience with multiprotocol networks, with Cisco experience preferred
* Experience with Netapp filers and/or VMware and/or Lab Manager environments