On 2/23/06, Piotras <pp@info...> wrote:
> Document what exactly?
> The idea of multilang content being served absolutely transparent way?
> That is clear for everybody I think.
I wouldn't be so sure about that being so clear. What I'm interested
here are answers to at least the following questions:
1) Are all MultiLang tables named "<tablename>_i"?
2) Do all MultiLang tables use the "sid" column to refer to the main object id?
3) Do all MultiLang tables use the "lang" column to refer to the language?
4) Are duplicate (sid, lang) values allowed in MultiLang tables?
5) Does a MultiLang object always have a lang 0 record?
6) Do all MultiLang tables use the "sitegroup" column?
7) Should the "sitegroup" value always be the same as the sitegroup of
the main object?
8) Can different language versions of an object have different parameters?
10) How the possible MultiLang parameters are accessed?
11) Can different language versions of an object have different attachments?
12) How the possible MultiLang attachments are accessed?
13) Do the MultiLang _i records have their own metadata fields?
14) How the possible MultiLang metadata fields are accessed?
15) Can MultiLang properties be links to other records?
These are all relevant issues when designing a query mechanism for
MultiLang content. I could of course make educated guesses about the
correct answers for those questions, but guessing isn't a very good
way to go designing core infrastructure like the query builder.