> On 3/8/06, Piotras <pp@info...> wrote:
> > However , many times I am logged in as SG0 admin ( using basic auth)
> > and I create objects and set their sitegroup later.
> > Just because I can not open and close my browser every one minute.
> > ( which of course proves that one admin host per sg is a good thing )
> How about if a new object inherited the parent objects sitegroup by
> default. That would take care of a lot of problems. Something like
I think that real use cases are:
1. Create new sitegroup with admin group and admin person.
And this can be solved with ability to set sitegroup when create method is called.
2. SG0 admin interfaces in hosted environments where SG0 host is required
( for example one ssl certificate per 100 sitegroups )
But the latter can be solved if not basic auth is used, which is done in Aegir for example.
And this one resolves mgd_auth_midgard sitegroup delimeter issue.
I wrote about my personall example because there is no such possibility to set sitegroup
of created object using interface like spider.
To sum up , I would like to propose:
1. Sitegroup settable only when create method is called.
2. Sitegroup not settable when update is called even for SG0 admin.
3. setsitegroup method should be replaced with object's replication.
4. mgd_auth_midgard should have sitegroup name parameter
5. Sitegroup delimeters should be dropped, or optionally supported.