Request for your financial support from Daniel Pipes
You can follow Daniel Pipes and the Middle East Forum on their Facebook and Twitter pages.
Please take a moment to visit and log in at the subscriber area, and submit your city & country location. We will use this information in future to invite you to any events that we organize in your area.
I write to request your financial support for the Middle East Forum, the think tank I founded in 1994 to define and promote U.S. interests in the Middle East and protect Americans from Middle East generated threats.
As Americans focus on economics in the run-up to the November elections, events in the Middle East promise more instability and danger. The Iranian government presses relentlessly ahead with its nuclear program. In Egypt, Islamists are challenging the military's 60-year rule. Syria has entered into full-scale civil war. Iraq, where Americans spent $1 trillion and lost 5,000 lives, remains deeply unstable.
The Forum continues to draw attention to the problems of this volatile region and to offer policy solutions that defend America, the West, and Israel from the chaos that lies ahead. We pursue our mission through a three-pronged strategy:
1 - Intellectually, by providing context, insights, and policy recommendations through the Middle East Quarterly, staff writings, media appearances, lectures, and conference calls. Recent Forum research:
* Demonstrated that the real apartheid in the Middle East is found in the region's Arab and Muslim states, and not Israel.
* Offered concrete suggestions to the Obama administration on ways to build trust with the Israeli government as a foundation for future diplomatic cooperation.
* Suggested that the best route to removing the threat of a nuclear Iran may ensue from a leveraged and emboldened Iranian people bringing regime change through their own efforts.
2 - Operationally, the Forum exerts an active influence on the course of events. Recently:
* Using ideas developed by the Forum, U.S. Senator Mark Kirk (R-IL) sponsored, and the U.S. Senate Appropriations Committee on May 24 unanimously passed, an amendment that requires the State Department to inform Congress how many UNRWA beneficiaries fit the definition of a refugee and how many do not. The amendment is widely seen to have the potential to shake-up the decades-long UN-sponsored scam that refugees status is transmitted through bloodlines.
* MEF exposed retail giant Best Buy's role as a "Platinum Sponsor" of CAIR's Minnesota chapter. CAIR's counter-efforts to prevent PetitionBuzz.com from hosting a petition calling for Best Buy to end its sponsorship of CAIR failed.
* The Forum called attention to CAIR's involvement in a consortium of Northeast Ohio educational institutions; as a result, a prestigious girls' preparatory school, Hathaway Brown, withdrew from the consortium.
* Anti-Islamist scholars in Norway, with legal assistance from the Forum, were removed by the Norwegian court as defense witnesses in the trial of mass murderer Anders Breivik, thus neutralizing a threat to the free speech of critics of radical Islam in Norway.
3 - Philanthropically, the Forum is distributing over $1 million of earmarked monies in 2012 through its Education Fund to help writers, activists, and moderate Muslims. With MEF financial help, recently:
* NGO Monitor released an extensive report proving that EU NGOs leak stories containing demonstrably false and anti-Israel information, such as that only Israeli citizens or Jews may buy land in Israel.
* The Endowment for Middle East Truth co-organized a letter signed by 54 members of Congress that led the Justice Department to explore the possibility of prosecuting Palestinian terrorists with American blood on their hands who were released in the Gilad Shalit deal.
* Patrick Poole exposed the FBI's long running habit of coddling Islamists and labeling as a "key Muslim ally" Mohamed Elibiary--a radical who honored the Ayatollah Khomeini.
As you can see, the Forum is increasingly having an impact. I invite you to contribute to our efforts by making a donation, most easily at the Forum's website. I look forward to thanking you for your support.
The Forum is a 501c3 non-profit; contributions are tax deductible to the fullest extent by law in the United States.
We offer a wide range of benefits to donors, such as subscriptions to the Middle East Quarterly and invitations to events. (Click here for details.)
OUR GIFT TO YOU
For donations of $150 or more, we are offering a gift (upon request). Please send me a:
_______ Signed copy of Did Muhammad Exist? by Robert Spencer
_______ Copy of the documentary Palestinian Refugee Policy: From Despair to Hope
_______ Signed copy of Palestine Betrayed by Efraim Karsh
(1) ONLINE: CREDIT CARD OR PAYPAL (this is easiest):