Pre-built documentation in the highly optimized INF file format (for
use with DocView) is also available for download in a single archive,
just 1.7MB in side. The archive contains the fpGUI Toolkit API
documentation, and for your convenience, I also included the Free
Pascal Language Reference, FPC Runtime Library and the FPC Free
The v0.8 release contains a lot of added features and enhancements.
Below is just a small list of things that added or changed.
- New widget demos and many improvements to existing demos.
- New application examples
* Spinning Globe, show some graphics support with zooming.
* An experimental IDE called Maximus, which supports project
management, compiler settings management, macro management,
multi-threading enabled, fast procedure list searching,
syntax-highlighting enabled text editor, OS independent
file monitor support etc.
- PDF reporting engine and preview support. Thanks to
Jean-Marc Levecque for this awesome contribution.
- Huge improvements and enhancements to the Treeview widget.
* massive speed improvement
* improved painting support
* extended treeview and node method calls
* state image support (eg: having checkboxes next to nodes)
- Many Docview (fpGUI documentation viewer) improvements
* Bookmark support
* Improved annotation support
* Improved the text rendering and text wrapping
* Rewrote the font handling which gave a massive 200+% speed
increase in startup times (depending on the amount of fonts you
have installed on your system), and reduced memory usage by 50%.
- Added image support to RichView, the text viewer used by Docview.
- Two new supported platforms: OpenSolaris and MacOSX (with X11
- Global keyboard shortcut support for menu items and actions.
- fpGUI API documentation has been extended and improved.
- OS independent DND (drag-n-drop) support has been implemented. This
supports external application-to-application and internal
- Improved the workings of implementing context sensitive help inside
- Improved fpGUI project templates for use with Lazarus IDE or MSEide.
- Included the WIPFC (OpenWatcom IPF Compiler) binaries to allow you
to compile your own IPF help files into binary INF help files.
- UI Designer (the visual forms designer for fpGUI) has seen many
* new components on the component palette.
* new properties accessible in the Object Inspector
* improved dialogs for "tab order" and "widget order" changes.
* code generated can now use spaces or tab characters for
* improved File menu layout and new options.
- Improved themes support
- Experimental MDI (multi-document interface) support
- Extended the Unicode wrapper functions for the FPC's RTL file
- New built-in code page conversion functions have been added.
- Grid widgets have improved scrolling support options.
- Improved fpGUI language translations.
- Many, many more bug fixes and improvements. For a full list run:
git log v0.8...v0.7