Pan is a newsreader which attempts to be pleasing to both new and
experienced users. In addition to the standard newsreader features, Pan
also supports yEnc, offline newsreading, article filtering, multiple
connections, and more.
It's also the only Unix newsreader to get a perfect score on the Good
Net-Keeping Seal of Approval evaluations.
This is another bugfix and feature enhancement release that contains
certain UI improvements. Everybody using older versions of Pan is
encouraged to upgrade.
Changes since 0.137
* Hotkey for showing/hiding signatures in the article body. (Heinrich
* Keep position on selected item on re-order. (Heinrich Müller, #443702)
* Remember last read post. (Heinrich Müller, #448416)
* Open url in browser. (Heinrich Müller, #464335)
* Signature printed double when line needs to be wrapped. (Heinrich Müller,
* Tasks marked "Stopped" should also remain stopped when pan restarted.
(Heinrich Müller, #543319)
* "Save at" options other then %g and %G. (Heinrich Müller, #550007)
* Filter Cross-posters. (Heinrich Müller, #587585)
* 136 using secure ssl and get continuous popups for certs but no
connection. (Heinrich Müller, #673927)
* PO message very difficult to translate. (Heinrich Müller, #675953)
* Pan crashes while fetching new headers. (Heinrich Müller, #677741)
* Updated translations: Spanish (Daniel Mustieles), French (Bruno Brouard),
Czech (Petr Kovar), Slovenian (Martin Srebotnjak, Andrej Žnidaršič, Matej