Today OIG posts the HEAT Provider Compliance Training (PCT) slide
presentation and written materials that accompany the free, live webcast
of our HEAT PCT session to be held at the Department of Health and Human
Services on Wednesday, May 18, 2011 from 8:30am-1:00pm EST.
During the session, you will hear from Inspector General Daniel Levinson
and other government experts as they educate local health care providers
and compliance officers about the realities of Medicare fraud and the
importance of implementing an effective compliance program.
The slide presentation and other written materials are posted in 13 PDF
files at http://www.oig.hhs.gov/heat/ They include:
- Provider Compliance Training Slides
- Webcast Agenda
- Federal Health Care Fraud and Abuse Laws
- Comparison of the Anti-Kickback Statute and Stark Law
- Physician Self-Referral Law
- Commonly Used Physician Self-Referral Law Exceptions
- Commonly Used Anti-Kickback Statute Safe Harbors
- Health Care Compliance Program Tips
- Operating an Effective Compliance Program
- Understanding Program Exclusions
- Recommended Compliance Resources
- Tips for Success in the OIG Self-Disclosure Protocol
- Health Care Reform Questions for Compliance Professionals
For those unable to watch the live webcast, a video of the training will
be available for online viewing on or before May 31, 2011.
That's all for now but as always, if we can provide you with further
information or assistance please contact us via e-mail
public.affairs@oig.... I hope your week is starting well.