Thanks for the answer. It was because of the attachments that I didn't
send immediately to the list.
Using lilypond-snapshot normally gives no problems whatsoever, but I
have now noticed that also the 26pt under lilypond-book also gives the
same strange output. I'll file a bug report.
Mats Bengtsson schrieb:
> Please always keep the discussion on the mailing list, for the
> benefit of yourself since you get access to the collected
> expertise on the list and for the benefit of others who experience
> similar problems. In other words, always press "Reply All" instead
> of "Reply" when you answer an email from the mailing list.
> Of course, sending a large attachment file to a mailing list
> is not a good idea, so that could be a reason to use a private email.
> Feel free to quote my answer below if you wish.
> The ec-fonts are only used for titles and lyrics so they are not causing
> the problems. Rather, it's the music symbols font included in the
> LilyPond installation that seems to be broken at 23pt size.
> Do you get the same problems if you typeset an ordinary lilypond piece
> in 23pt size, without using lilypond-book? If so, then I strongly
> suspect that
> this is an error in the lilypond-snapshot package you are using, so
> please send
> a bug report telling that the music symbols are all completely wrong in
> 23pt size.
> Jeffrey Philpott wrote:
>> Mats Bengtsson schrieb:
>>> Jeffrey Philpott wrote:
>>>> I'm trying to set a songbook using lilypond-book, or rather
>>>> lilypond-book-snapshot. (Lilypond-Snapshot 2.4.2 on Debian Sarge)
>>>> and am having a few problems with the output:
>>>> 1. Because the songbook is also for children, all songs are set to
>>>> 23pt, which just appear as a mess on the output (notes and text
>>>> font). If I use 20pt. no problems, perfect output. I tried changing
>>>> ec-fonts to the newer version of 1.0.11, but that gave a mess for
>>>> every size, so I'm back to 1.0.7 again. (23pt. worked in 2.2)
>>> It's much easier to realize what kind of problems you refer to if you
>>> supply a small example file. The ec-fonts are not used at all in version
>>>> 2. Linewidth is giving me a headache. Setting \linewidth in \paper
>>>> gives a perfect output (with lilypond-snapshot), titles and music
>>>> centered properly. Setting \linewidth in \layout leaves the \header
>>>> with titles too much to the right. Setting \header into \score gives
>>>> no title output at all. So I leave \linewidth in \paper!. However
>>>> when using lilypond-book, the linewidth stays stubbornly at 19cm
>>>> with no possibility of changing this, whatever I try.
>>> The linewidth of the scores in lilypond-book is taken from the line
>>> width of the latex document. If you want to override this, there is
>>> an option in lilypond-book:
>> Hallo Mats,
>> Since its a bit difficult to send sample code in this case, I decided
>> to let you have a couple of files. The pdf shows the output with one
>> song set in 23pt, the others in 20pt. Then one of the files which is
>> included (23pt) and my experimental file with latex. Also here is the
>> output of Latex etc. from the console.
>> Thanks for the tip with linewidth, can I use it when I include files?
>> Greetings Jeffrey
>> PS: I haven't sent a copy of this mail to the mailing-list
>> LaTeX2e <2001/06/01>
>> Babel <v3.7h> and hyphenation patterns for american, french, ngerman,
>> tion, loaded.
>> Document Class: book 2001/04/21 v1.4e Standard LaTeX document class
>> (./lily-318102328.tex (/usr/share/texmf/tex/lilypond/lilyponddefs.tex
>>  (./lily-499680191.tex)  (./lily-543712716.tex)
>>  (./lily-173173473.tex
>> Underfull \vbox (badness 2277) has occurred while \output is active )
>>  (./liederbuch_berlin_gesamt.aux) )
>> (see the transcript file for additional information)
>> Output written on liederbuch_berlin_gesamt.dvi (5 pages, 123124 bytes).
>> Transcript written on liederbuch_berlin_gesamt.log.
>> jeffrey@jeff-notebook:~/daten/latex/out$ dvips -Ppdf -u+lilypond.map
>> -u+ec-mftrace.map liederbuch_berlin_gesamt.dvi
>> This is dvips(k) 5.92b Copyright 2002 Radical Eye Software
>> ' TeX output 2005.03.23:2101' -> liederbuch_berlin_gesamt.ps
>> <ecbx12.pfa><feta-nummer12.pfa><feta23.pfa><cmbx10.pfb>