1. Definitions are worse than useless in some contexts. Talk of love is one
2. If Wittgenstein is right, then we understand what a word means by seeing what
is done with it.
3. The West systematically misunderstands the nature of religious belief.
4. Religious belief is not essentially propositional language, but functional
language (it shapes our lives in a certain way).
5. The scientific outlook is emotionally defective (and the MOQ removes the
6. If we want to understand the philosophy of love, the religious traditions are
a very good place to start.