Do you believe Tibet will be free? Are you passionate about working
with young people and helping them gain knowledge about Tibet? Do you
want to inspire and enable students to work for social justice in Tibet?
If so, apply to become a USA Regional Coordinator for Students for a
Free Tibet today! You can help make a significant contribution to the
restoration of Tibetan independence.
Read about SFT's current USA Regional Coordinators here.
In the US, SFT chapters are organized into 8 regions (New England,
Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, Midwest, Southeast, Northwest, West Coast,
Southwest). Each region has a Regional Coordinator who is responsible
for supporting chapters, facilitating communication between chapters,
planning the annual regional conferences and more. Regional
Coordinators also regularly communicate with the Grassroots
Coordinator at SFT HQ.
This is a volunteer position and the Regional Coordinator is expected
to serve a two-year term.
If you are interested in being an SFT Regional Coordinator, please
fill out the application here. Regional Coordinators are chosen by the
Grassroots Coordinator. Apply today!
- Support chapters in the region as needed to organize events,
participate in national and international campaigns, coordinate
grassroots outreach and membership drives on campus and in the
- Attend chapter events as often as possible
- Organize annual regional conference with support from SFT HQ office.
- Manage the regional listserv and send out emails advertising chapter
+ Tibet related events in the region as well as campaign and outreach
messages from SFT HQ.
- Participate in monthly regional coordinators conference call
- Participate in monthly one-on-one call with Grassroots Coordinator
- Assist SFT HQ in organizing campaign related actions/events in the
- Depending on the regions workload, a Deputy Regional Coordinator may
be appointed, who can eventually take over Regional Coordinator role
(must be approved by Grassroots Coordinator)
- Has been actively involved in an SFT Chapter
- Good communications skills (Speaking/writing etc)
- Experience organizing events/actions
- Experience coordinating chapters
- Knowledge of Tibet and Tibetan issues
- Able to volunteer an average of 5 hours per week to SFT
CLICK HERE TO APPLY!
Please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions.