On 2012-06-04 12:59, Tobias Brunner wrote:
> Does someone know if there is a tool for linux which can send a neighbor
> advertisement for a fast update of the neighbor table of a router?
> Like to good old "arping -U" for ipv4 which sends gratuitous/unsolicited
> arp messages...
# apt-get install ndisc6
Description: IPv6 diagnostic tools
ndisc6 gathers a few diagnostic tools for IPv6 networks including:
- ndisc6, which performs ICMPv6 Neighbor Discovery in userland,
- rdisc6, which performs ICMPv6 Router Discovery in userland,
- rltraceroute6, a UDP/ICMP IPv6 implementation of traceroute,
- tcptraceroute6, a TCP/IPv6-based traceroute implementation,
- tcpspray6, a TCP/IP Discard/Echo bandwidth meter,
- addrinfo, easy script interface for hostname and address resolution,
- dnssort, DNS sorting script.
On various BSDs and Solaris platforms and other such unices you will
find separate ndsol (client) and ndsold (daemon) too btw.