Seppo Sahi wrote:
> I'm not familiar with configuring a component. So I think we have to
> start from the basics. I have now the
> '/sitegroup-config/no.odindata.quickform/' snippet directory. I know
> that I can find the default configuration in
> '../midcom/lib/no/odindata/quickform/config' directory in my local
> filesystem. What do I have to do then?
> 1. What is the purpose of each file in the local filesystem?
> 2. Where do I put the modified version under the
> '/sitegroup-config/no.odindata.quickform/' snippet directory?
1) log into Aegir
2) go to snippets -leaf
3) create snippet directories '/sitegroup-config/no.odindata.quickform'
4) create snippet 'config'
5) copy and paste the original config
- change the schema path to what you want to
- with experience I'd recommend to use
'/sitegroup-config/no.odindata.quickform' for the path
6) write schema
- you can use the original schema as a guideline
- rule of thumb: if you don't know what 'location' to specify, use
Eclipse might be one tool that might help when browsing through
component schemas, styles and such. I was writing in the summertime a
bit of a small tutoria to explain some parts of schemas, yet the work
was left on the table. It's *very* incomplete, but can be found in