Den 10-04-2012 16:44, Byrial Jensen skrev:
> Den 10-04-2012 14:52, h.g. muller skrev:
>> Oh, I figured it out (partly). There apparently is a po/POTFILES.in that
>> had to be updated, and it still contained references to the
>> source files. I fixed that now, and "make distcheck" works. I also did
>> a "make update-po" in the po directory, and pushed the po/pot files to
>> Savannah master.
>> I can unpack the tar ball and build XBoard from it. After
>> sudo make install
>> it runs fine, except that it does not seem to be internationalized.
>> It has
>> the low buttons and line spacing, and "LANG=de_DE.utf8 xboard" does
>> not produce any translations. I have been in such a state before, and
>> it is probably just due to something I am doing wrong. I don't know what
>> brought me out of it last time (it was not a conscious action).
> You don't see any translations because the program runs in the C
> locale. You need to call setlocale(LC_ALL, "") to change to the locale
> defined by environment variables.
I looked at it some more. It seems that the XT call
XtSetLanguageProc(NULL, NULL, NULL) also will set the locale, and that's
why Xboard used to work with NLS without calling setlocale().
However the locale must be set before the call to bindtextdomain(). In
the refactored master it comes later. That is reason it doesn't work there.