------- Additional Comments From walter@sara... 2005-01-04 04:46 PDT -------
I found out that xfs_freeze results in an XFS_IOC_FREEZE in
This calls freeze_bdev()
We are using device mapper and I suspect that dm_suspend() should be called
instead. dm_suspend() is in drivers/md/dm.c and the comments for this function
describe exactly what you want xfs_freeze to do:
* We need to be able to change a mapping table under a mounted
* filesystem. For example we might want to move some data in
* the background. Before the table can be swapped with
* dm_bind_table, dm_suspend must be called to flush any in
* flight bios and ensure that any further io gets deferred.
int dm_suspend(struct mapped_device *md)
This function is also called when you do 'dmsetup suspend /dev/mapper/some_lv'
from the shell.
As a workaround, I am now using 'dmsetup suspend' rather than 'xfs_freeze -f'.
------- You are receiving this mail because: -------
You are the assignee for the bug, or are watching the assignee.